Monday, March 12, 2007

Longing for the past..
Writing about the reasons that I found for the feeling of Longing for the Past times has been long overdue. I had thought about writing about this a few months back but missed it for some or the other reason.

It’s been a couple of years now that I graduated. After just 12 days from the commencement of my final exam I found a well paying job. The initial months were spent in all the merry making with the freshly earned money. With the passage of time money arriving on the 31st of every month ceased to occupy the centre stage. Its place was usurped by the nostalgia of the past times prominently of the college days. This yeaning for the college days was very strong reflecting itself in the discussions with the team at office, in the chats, in the phone calls, literally everywhere. Finding the reason for this yearning had then become very important for me as it started occupying too much space in my mind.

I analyzed the reason for the desire of rewinding the cassette of my life back to the days I longed for. Was it for the enjoyment I had, for the company I had, for the peace of mind that I derived during that time? Or was it for not living those moments to the fullest extent, for not deriving the maximum learning I could at that time, for things remaining unaccomplished, for actions not taken? In my case (and probably in most of the cases) it was the latter question that I put to myself which was getting a bigger nod of agreement.And by constantly yearning for those days I was making provisions for my future yearnings for the present time.This analysis made me truly understand the meaning of the age-old advice of “living the present moment to the fullest”. Till this time I had understood its meaning but had not felt it and imbibed it into me.
Blog Migrated from RediffIland..(7thFeb07)

3 comments:

Maithily said...

Elecsys,
I completely understand and relate to these feelings...I did sail in the same boat of thoughts.. :)

Maithily said...

Elecsys,
I completely understand and relate to these feelings...I did sail in the same boat of thoughts.. :)

Maithily said...

Elecsys,
I completely understand and relate to these feelings...I did sail in the same boat of thoughts.. :)