Friday, March 16, 2007

Goa Trip(3)

With a sumptuous lunch under my belt it was hard to concentrate on the road but the skimpily dressed tourists all around helped me through it. Then a roadside milestone suggested Madgoan being only 32kms away from Panaji so I decided to go to Madgaon on bike but after traveling a few kilometers I realized that I underestimated the number “32” and the time to return the rented bike was nearing too. After recovering from this miscalculation of time I measured the remaining time practically. Hence completed my cashew nuts shopping and other stuff and returned the rented bike at around 5pm.

From there I went to the bus station and took a bus to Ribandar. After reaching Hotel Seema I took a note of the water level which was touching the compound wall in the morning. It had receded a lot and a large patch of marshy shore was thrown open. Got reminded of the tides funda from geography and witnessed its effect on the river coast. I don’t know why but I was disappointed by the receded water level caused by the low tide. I enjoyed the opulent view that a high tide gave to the river coast.

I freshened up at the hotel and went to GIM in the anticipation of relaxing seniors who can give me some more info about the institute. I got lucky and found a bunch of them playing cricket, few having fruit juice and some more watching the game of cricket. I went to the juice center and initiated a talk with one of the seniors who happened to be from Nagpur. He also got me acquainted with another guy from Nagpur who had graduated from the same college(VNIT) as I had and also worked for the same company that I was working for 6 months before. I had Milo (famous drink with GIM students) with them at the juice center along with a useful chat.

It was around 7pm when I returned to my hotel after very well spent time at GIM. Watched news for some time and read the newspaper. All the traveling I did through the whole day was gradually getting me. I had my food while watching TV and practiced answering some most common questions asked in a Bschool PI. I don’t remember the time when I finally called it a day while reciting my introduction J .

The next day i.e. 27thFeb I got up early and completed my morning ablutions by 7.30pm. I again went through my preparation, revised some GK questions and got ready for the final take. After paying the bills at the hotel I went to GIM, parked my luggage at a friend’s room and had my breakfast at the canteen. Then I went to the admissions dept where interviews of the previous batch were already going on. I enquired the type of questions being asked and kind of got my prepared for answering those.

The GD topic for our group was “Advertising” and every body in the group sailed through the GD comfortably. At least all of us thought that wayJ. After the GD followed the two PIs out of which the first one was a bit threatening. I was asked why Limits and Derivatives are calculated and its practical application. I managed to give a satisfying answer. Apart from this there were a few bouncers. In the other PI I had to answer why I needed management education. I was prepared with an honest and convincing answer for this one also.

The complete process of GD/PI got over by 3pm and I had comfortable margin to reach railway station at Madgaon. I went back to hostel, changed into casuals, explained my GD/PI to the seniors and thanked them for their help.

I left hostel at around 4.30pm and changed two buses to finally reach Madgaon railway station. Felt quite relieved after a satisfying GD/PI and a good stay at Goa. I reached Mumbai the next day at 7am and from there I flew back to Nagpur. Now.. I am waiting for the result J.

No comments: