Monday, March 12, 2007

Goa Trip(1)..

I should have written this one a lot earlier but it’s not that easy to beat the lazy ME. But, I will definitely be able to bring down every moment on to this page as such was the pleasure and satisfaction that the trip lent to me.

I had to attend an interview call at Goa Institute of Management (Ribandar) for admission into a 2 year MBA course. I started from Nagpur on 24thFeb evening. My onward itinerary included Pune and Mumbai. Not being habitual of traveling for long time in bus, journey from Nagpur to Pune turned out to be tiresome for me. I reached Pune at 12.30 pm on 25thFeb and had to catch a bus to Mumbai at 6pm. I spent the time in between at my college friend’s place and in those 5 hours time we relived our graduation years. They in a way energized me for my left out journey. I left Pune at 6.15pm and had a good long ride on the Pune-Mumbai express highway. I reached Mumbai at around 10.15pm and went directly to PVR near Juhu beach along with my friends(Andy and Chinmay) and watched Black Friday. The show ended at around 2am on 26thFeb and I had flight scheduled for Goa at 5.10am. I and Andy decided against having a small nap as during our school and college days we had consistently broken each others records of getting up late (he holds the highest one now :-)). So we ended up chatting. This time I garnered a few tips from him as he had attended a similar interview for admission into SCMHRD. That chat built some confidence into me and I felt a bit more armed to tackle the questions.

I left my friends place at 4am and reached airport in time, checked in my luggage and waited for the flight. There wasn’t a slightest trace of sleep or tiredness on my face as such was the eagerness to check out the air hostess on board and finally Goa, my battleground. In few minutes everybody lined up to get on to the bus to get to the flight. There was a very nettlesome guy standing besides me in the bus and it was very obvious that he was more peevish for his wife. I kept on wondering why they were going to Goa while constantly maintaining a distance of at least 22yards in between them, till the air hostess took over my senses. It was hardly 20mins before I had become airborne that I gave in to the comfort of the flight and exhaustion out of lack of sleep and grueling bus journey.

I finally woke up to the landing announcement by the flight commander and touched the Goan soil at around 6.45 am…
Goa Trip(2) and Goa Trip(3) soon to be published.....

No comments: